Laura Olin is a digital strategist and writer. She ran social media strategy for President Obama’s 2012 re-election campaign and helped set the editorial voice for the campaign’s digital communications as the first member of its digital team. She was an advisor to the Hillary for America digital team. Other clients have included the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, the Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee, Medium, the JFK Library & Foundation, and the Gates Foundation. She’s an alum of the Google Creative Lab, Blue State Digital, and the Center for American Progress.
Laura’s been featured as a speaker at the Google Political Innovation Conference, SXSW Interactive, AdTech New York, RootsCamp, and Netroots Nation.
She’s a native of Finland and became a dual American citizen in 2008.
- The Washington Post: The Rise of Experimental Email
- Capital New York: The 60-second Interview: Laura Olin, Writer and Newsletter Author
- TIME: The Most Tweeted Photo Ever
- Tumblr Storyboard: Meet the Mind Behind Barack Obama's Online Persona
- The Atlantic: The Campaign Tumblr is Dead! (Long Live the Campaign Tumblr!)